I can't steal facts from Twitter this time round, but I do like bullet points, so here is some thing about Verse Metrics in a list type fashion.
- There are four of them, Bob, Al, Dave and Martin.
- If Martin had one less letter in his name there'd be a nice escalation thing going on there. He doesn't though.
- Verse Metrics received an honourable mention from Nick Mitchell in last year's Scotsman Radar Prize.
- Vic Galloway made them one of his tips for 2011, and they've picked up radio play from the likes of Tom Robinson and Jim Gellatly.
- Although they fit into the stuffed alternative indie shelf, they do it (a) better than many and (b) with their own take on things, so they don't sound like a cookie cutter band.
- Last year's debut EP VM1 was right good, and sounded like a band who had been together for far longer than a year.
- You can snag a free download of Horoscopes from the EP here.
- Bassist Dave does accidental sex faces during gigs. [Source: Peenko]
- Verse Metrics have threatened a stage routine involving cock fencing [also: Peenko] but as people still book them for gigs this probably doesn't happen.
In a wee Aye Tunes exclusive (I think) I've got one half on the band's new double A-side single, Modern Sleep, to share with you. You can have a listen below, and the single is out on July 19th.
Stream: Verse Metrics - Modern Sleep
Verse Metrics also play King Tut's on the same day the single is released alongside FOUND, Cancel The Astronauts and Bermuda. You can buy tickets for the gig here, or from the Verse Metrics shop. Debut EP VM1 is also available from the shop, or digitally from Bandcamp and iTunes.